Welcome to Rutgers Dining Nutrition!
We understand the complexities of managing dietary restrictions while transitioning to university life and all the events in between that can impact your nutrition. Our two expert registered dietitians, Peggy Policastro and Marina Vineis, are available to help students meet their dietary needs healthfully and safely while on campus.
Their assistance ranges from, but is not limited to:
- Providing general nutrition information and tools for eating healthfully on campus
- Monitoring online menu recipes and ingredients for nutritional accuracy
- Assisting with special dietary needs, which may include:
- Food allergies
- Food intolerances
- Celiac disease
- Other medical conditions
- Broken jaw
- Dietary preferences (i.e. vegan, vegetarian)
- Religious and cultural diets (i.e. kosher, halal)
Students requiring a specialized diet for medical needs such as celiac disease or food allergies can schedule a meeting with a dietitian to discuss an individualized nutrition care plan.
Dining Services will work with students who have special dietary needs to ensure a medically appropriate and nutritionally sound diet. As a first step to initiate a professional review of your nutritional and dietary concerns, please complete the Medical and Dietary Consideration Form and submit by emailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please explore the valuable nutrition resources on this website. For further nutrition questions, please contact our dietitians at email@example.com .