Read over our menu. When calling for catering services, please have the following information available:
- Event Day/Date
- Event Start & End Time
- Event Building & Room Location
- Department Billing Information
- Event Contact Name, Phone & Fax Number, Email information
- Title of event
- Service Style (buffet, reception etc)
- Guaranteed Minimum Guest Count This is the minimum number of guests you will be billed for. Should the actual guest count increase, your post event- final billing will reflect the appropriate charges.
- Preferred Payment Method (RIAS, Student Voucher, Check, Visa or Master Card)
You will receive a contract, confirmation letter or proposal outlining the information provided
- Please review all contract/proposal details and contact your catering associate if there are any discrepancies.
- When you feel all the details outlined are correct, please sign the contract and fax to the Events Services Office.
- Fax: 856-225-6196
- email : email@example.com
To avoid late fees, additions, deletions or other changes must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the event date. Changes, other than cancellations cannot be guaranteed without the proper notice.
Non University Customers are required to provide a deposit of to secure catering services with the final payment required (7) business days prior to event execution. All monies are fully refundable within 10 days of the event, after which time you will be assessed a service fee and responsibility for any cost of goods/services incurred up to that point.
Payment will be accepted through the following methods:
- Master Card/Visa
- Personal Check – seven business days prior to the event
- Bank Check or Money Order
China & Linen Services
- Buffet Tables – White Linen top with choice of skirt color $20.00/ 8 ft. Table
- Round Table- White 90 “ Round $5.00/ 64” Table
- Round Table- White 120” Round $8.00/ 72” Table
- Round Cocktail White 62”x62” $4.00/ 30” Table
- Napkins – 50 cents each (color selection available)
- China Buffet Service $3.00 per person
Hours of Operation
Our delivery schedule is 7:00 am – 7:00 pm seven days a week. During winter and spring recess and summer break, our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. If you require service on the weekend minimums will apply.
When cancellations are made (3) business days before the scheduled event, the customer will be charged the cost of goods and/or services incurred by Rutgers University Catering. When cancellations are made less than two (2) business days prior to the scheduled event, the customer may be charged the full price of the goods and/or services contracted.
University Emergency Closing
In the event the university closes due to inclement weather or emergency the client will only be responsible for outside services purchased on their behalf by Rutgers University Catering
Rutgers, The State University prohibits catering clients from taking excess food items from any event . Items purchased for customer pickups or self-service events (bulk or trays purchased) are the property of the customer. Any leftover items may not be returned to Rutgers University Catering for credit.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Alcoholic beverages can be provided by Rutgers University Catering for all events. The cost incurred from the vendor will appear on your catering contract. All alcoholic beverages become the property of the client at the completion of the event and must be removed from the event site at that time. Rutgers University Catering will not store beverages. If a client fails to remove beverages at the end of an event catering will dispose of the items. No refunds will be permitted.
Rutgers University Catering is dedicated to making your event planning a stress free experience. Flower arrangements, specialty linens, rental equipment and decorations are available and priced accordingly.
- Full payment is required prior to event execution
- Room charges may apply when booking dining service venues.
- Wait staff are mandatory when ordering hot food
All services priced in this menu are offered as self serve buffets with paper tablecloths for buffet tables, paper supplies and plasticware, unless otherwise noted.
Additional services including servers, linens, china and glassware are available upon request and with additional costs. As mandated by the university, any event held on campus property, that has hot food with chafing pans and open flame must have a Dining Services wait staff. Servers are $18.00 per hour during regular business hours and $24.00 per hour beyond normal business hours.
All disposable paper events not held in the Camden Campus Center will require a $40.00 delivery/set up fee. Clean up is the responsibility of the client. Pick up of equipment will begin 30 minutes after contract end time.
Any event held in the Camden Campus Center will only require a $20.00 food and beverage set up fee.